- charlatan 江湖医生(noun): a con artist (That charlatan! I lost thousands of dollars because I followed advice)
- corroborate (verb): to support (Witnesses corroborated the policeman's statement.)
- disseminate (verb): to spread (The agency would collect and disseminate information)
- diverge (verb): to separate (This is where our opinions diverge from each other)
- dormant 休眠的 (adj): not active (Many animals are in a dormant state during winter.)
- hoist (verb): to raise (The war hosted prices.)
- illicit (adj) : unlawful (He had an illicit association with Jane.)
- irrevocable 不可改变的 (adj) : not reversible (His life was set on an irrevocable course.)
- precipitate 促成 (verb): to bring on (He lost his footing and was precipitated to the ground.)
- proliferation 增殖 (noun): a rapid increase (The proliferation of dandelions in my yard is too much for me to handle. They're growing faster than I can destroy them.)
Saturday, April 19, 2014
vocabulary 5
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment