Wednesday, April 23, 2014

vocabulary 26


  1. complement 补充 (verb): to overpower (The new singer's voice complemented the other voices, rounding out the group's sound.)
  2. discreet 小心的 (adj): cautious (She gave a discreet cough.)
  3. fastidious 难于讨好的 (adj): very particular (The child seemed fastidious about getting her fingers sticky or dirty.)
  4. flout 嘲笑 (verb): to mock愚弄 and defy藐视 (He flouted his mother's advice.)
  5. heinous 极可恶(adj): wicked顽皮的 (They admitted to the most heinous crimes.)
  6. implement 使生效 (verb): to put into effect (The government has agreed to implement the recommendation in the report.)
  7. impromptu 临时的 (adj): not rehearsed排练 (An impromptu visit broke up the long afternoon.)
  8. inference (noun): conclusion (You seemed to know about this book, and by inference I thought you had read it.)
  9. intuition (noun): instinct 直觉 (I had an intuition that I would find you.)
  10. obtrusive 刺眼的 (adj): overly obvious (The factory is an obtrusive eyesore难看的东西.)

No comments:

Post a Comment